City of Sibley Property Incentives:
- Building Permit Fee Refund - available for residential projects indicating a cost of $25,000 or more.
- Housing Demolition Incentive Program - $1,000 available (up to $500 for accessory structure demolition).
- Refund of up to $10,000 on lots purchased from the City of Sibley.
- City lots for sale in Feldkamp Estates in northeast Sibley.
- Buildings or other structures shall not be erected, moved, demolished, added to, or structurally altered without a zoning/building permit issued by the Zoning Administrator. Apply for these permits with the City Clerk. The permit fee is $25 plus $4 per thousand for the first $100,000. There are additional charges for projects over $100,000. Permit fees are non-refundable.
- Zoning/building permit required:
- New construction of houses, garages, or commercial buildings (including moving a home or building to a lot), new accessory structures (fences, sheds, detached garages, including moving a shed or garage onto a lot), and any structural addition or alteration to an existing house or building.
- Zoning/building permit NOT required;
- Siding, roofing, painting, carpeting, drywall, insultation, and repairs and replacement of existing doors, windows, plumbing, or electrical systems.
City motto: “Highlight of Iowa”
Settled in 1872. Incorporated in 1875.
Amenities include: Sibley Outdoor Aquatic center, Carnegie Library, Max theater, Sibley Golf Course, McCallum Museum and Brunson Heritage House, Robinson Park.