City of Sibley Property Incentives:
- Building Permit Fee Refund - available for residential projects indicating a cost of $25,000 or more.
- Housing Demolition Incentive Program - $1,000 available (up to $500 for accessory structure demolition).
- Refund of up to $10,000 on lots purchased from the City of Sibley.
- City lots for sale in Feldkamp Estates in northeast Sibley.
- Buildings or other structures shall not be erected, moved, demolished, added to, or structurally altered without a zoning/building permit issued by the Zoning Administrator. Apply for these permits with the City Clerk. The permit fee is $25 plus $4 per thousand for the first $100,000. There are additional charges for projects over $100,000. Permit fees are non-refundable.
- Zoning/building permit required:
- New construction of houses, garages, or commercial buildings (including moving a home or building to a lot), new accessory structures (fences, sheds, detached garages, including moving a shed or garage onto a lot), and any structural addition or alteration to an existing house or building.
- Zoning/building permit NOT required;
- Siding, roofing, painting, carpeting, drywall, insultation, and repairs and replacement of existing doors, windows, plumbing, or electrical systems.
City motto: “Highlight of Iowa”
Settled in 1872. Incorporated in 1875.
Amenities include: Sibley Outdoor Aquatic center, Carnegie Library, Max theater, Sibley Golf Course, McCallum Museum and Brunson Heritage House, Robinson Park.
Contact the City of Sibley
City of Sibley City Hall
808 3rd Ave.
PO Box 126,
Sibley, Iowa 51249
Glenn Anderson, City Administrator
Susan Sembach, City Clerk
Phone: (712) 754-2541
Ashley Ackerman, Sibley Chamber of Commerce Executive Director