Osceola County Deputy Sheriff
Posted on February 17, 2021
The Osceola County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for the position of fulltime deputy sheriff. ILEA certified and Associates Degree in Criminal Justice is preferred.
Applicants must meet the minimum standards for law enforcement:
- Is a U.S. Citizen
- Is a resident of Iowa or intending to become a resident upon employment
- Is 18 years of age at the time of employment
- Has a high school diploma or a graduate equivalency diploma (GED)
- Holds a valid Iowa driver’s license at the time of hire
- Is not addicted to drugs or alcohol
- Is of good moral character
- By conscience or belief, is not opposed to using force when necessary to fulfill duties
Application Instructions: Applications may be obtained from the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office, 309 6th Street, Sibley, IA 51249, Telephone number 712-754-2556. They can also be obtained online at www.sheriffosceolacounty.org or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for returning applications is March 19, 2021 at 4:00PM. The Civil Service exam will be conducted on Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 9:00am at the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office. Contact the Sheriff’s Office for further information. On the above listed date of testing be prepared for a written exam and also bring appropriate footwear and clothing to perform the physical fitness test which will include sit-ups, push-ups and a one and a half mile run. Weather permitting the physical test will be conducted outside. There will be time for you to change your clothing. You will need to report to the Sheriff’s Office in Sibley, IA at 8:45am. The written examination will be conducted first and then the physical fitness test. Refer to the Physical Fitness Performance Chart. A picture ID is required to take the test. Please RSVP for testing.
Job Posting URL: https://www.sheriffosceolacounty.org/employment
Name: Osceola County Sheriff's Office