FNIC: Account Manager, Employee Benefits
Posted on September 6, 2022
We understand that life & health insurance, with its consistent inconsistencies, policy changes and laws, is a difficult world to navigate. But that’s what makes it fun, right? FNIC is seeking a “benefits guru” to join our team as a Account Manager, Employee Benefits who will work with brokers and carriers to provide exceptional service to our clients.
What’s the work like?
- effectively and independently manage customer service accountabilities on an Employee Benefits book of business with a primary focus on individual health/Medicare
- assist producer in development of service plan for assigned accounts; and coordinate and monitor the service plan as needed
- responsible for file setup and quotes
- assist producers in preparation of enrollment materials and presentations and attend client meetings and benefit fairs
- complete servicing of accounts, including but not limited to utilizing standard proposals, spreadsheets and Power Point presentations, depending upon which product is quoted
- promptly invoice all premium-bearing transactions
- review policies upon receipt in accordance with agency procedures for timely customer service
- review all applications and policies for accuracy and completeness and take an active role in completing all carrier requirements to implement policy
- manage renewal process according to agency procedures; review quotes, prepare proposals
- promptly respond to customers’ questions and/or requests for assistance
- communicate all necessary information to producers, clients, carriers and any other agency team members servicing the account
- maintain the electronic account file and fully incorporate the capabilities of the agency management system into daily workflow
- perform quality reviews as requested by management, and comply with requirements of quality programs
- maintain effective working relationships with clients to support business retention and accompany producer to client and carrier meetings as necessary
- ensure confidentiality is maintained in the collection, maintenance, and dissemination of highly sensitive information, including Protected Health Information (PHI)
Okay, so what’s in it for me?
- competitive salary
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, and Long Term Care insurance
- 401k and profit sharing
- Paid Time Off available to use on your first day
- flexible work schedules including a 37.5 hour work week and remote work available
- education and tuition reimbursement programs
- fun working environment (company outings, bag-o competitions, plenty of food days, to name a few!)
What do I need to know?
You have to have…
- knowledge of individual health products including Medicare with the commitment to learn Group Health, COBRA, HIPAA & FMLA
- excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel), electronic mail system,
- and all other agency automation software
- strong respect for confidentiality
- ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with company employees and
- external contacts
- a valid Driver’s License
- a resident Life, Sickness, Accident and Health Agent’s license
- commitment to continuing education and the potential to earn a professional insurance designation
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- minimum of 1-2 years of individual health/Medicare experience preferred