Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
Please continue to check this page for updated resources to assist businesses and our communities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Financial assistance programs:
- Small Business Tax Credit Programs - The American Rescue Plan extends a number of critical tax benefits, particularly the Employee Retention Credit and Paid Leave Credit, to small businesses. INFO.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) - the deadline to apply for a COVID-19 pandemic EIDL is December 31, 2021. The application portal is open to eligible small businesses, non-profits, and agricultural businesses impacted by COVID19. https://sba.gov/disaster.
- Assistance Programs for Renters and Homeowners - visit IowaHousingRecovery.com.
- The Iowa Rent and Utility Assistance Program will provide eligible COVID-19 impacted renters with rent and/or utility assistance for a total of up to 12 months.
- The Iowa Homeowner Eviction Prevention Program provides eligible COVID-19 impacted homeowners at imminent risk of eviction with mortgage assistance for up to four months, with a maximum assistance per household of $3,600.
- Paycheck Protection Program ended on May 31, 2021. Existing borrowers may be eligible for PPP loan forgiveness.
- Shuttered Venue Operators Grant: Emergency assistance for eligible venues affected by the COVID pandemic. Access the application portal HERE.
- COVID-19 Funeral Assistance
- Updates from Osceola Community Health Services
- Avera New Normal Business Toolkit
- Osceola County (IA) Mental Health Coalition statement
- Avera COVID-19 Workplace Guidelines
State of Iowa:
- Gov. Reynolds signs new Public Health Disaster proclamation that extends critical regulatory relief for an additional 30 days to those on the frontlines of COVID19 recovery. The proclamation also continues to extend the waiver on transportation restrictions for overweight loads. The proclamation can be found online here. (5.28.2021)
- Vaccinate Iowa website
- Iowa COVID-19 Vaccine Web Page
- COVID-19 Response: When to Quarantine For Business, Education, and Child Care Settings
- Iowa COVID-19 website
- Iowa Department of Public Health website
More Business Resources:
Resources for non-profits:
- Resources for Nonprofit Organizations from the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines
- Nonprofits and Coronavirus, COVID-19
- COVID Recovery Iowa - free virtual counseling and assistance
- Call 211 or 1-800-244-7431 if you have COVID-19 related questions (available 24/7)
- Iowa Concern Hotline: 800-447-1985.
- Alliant Energy Energy Assistance
- COVID-19 Multi-Lingual Hotline: 1-877-558-2609.
- Iowa Legal Aid: 2020 Coronavirus Outbreak: What you need to know
- Child Care Guidance in Response to COVID-19 from Iowa Child Care Resource & Referral - call (877) 216-8481.