Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
Please continue to check this page for updated resources to assist businesses and our communities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Iowa Residential Utility Disruption Prevention Program: Provides short-term relief to eligible residential electric, natural gas and water utility customers that face significant hardship in the payment of utility bills for service provided between March 17, 2020, and October 8, 2020.
- STATUS: The application deadline has been extended to December 4, 2020 at 11.59pm.
- MORE INFORMATION: To apply, please visit https://www.iowafinance.com/iowa-residential-utility-disruption-prevention-program/
- Eviction and Foreclosure Prevention (EFP) Program: The COVID-19 EFP Program will provide short-term relief to income-eligible renters and homeowners.
- STATUS: Application deadline: Dec. 4, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- MORE INFORMATION: https://www.iowafinance.com/covid-19-iowa-eviction-and-foreclosure-prevention-program/
- PPP Payment Extensions: The Small Business Association (SBA) announced a deferral for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Payment Extensions for an additional 10 months. Click here to view the simpler loan forgiveness application. Webinar on December 3 - join Lead Lender Relations Specialist, Dave Lentell & District Director, Jayne Armstrong with the SBA Iowa District Office as they discuss PPP Forgiveness.
- Assistance for Iowa Renters and Homeowners - This program will provide short-term relief to income-eligible renters and homeowners who are at risk of eviction or foreclosure. Click here for full info.
- The Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) application portal is open to eligible small businesses, non-profits, and agricultural businesses impacted by COVID19. Apply for assistance here: https://sba.gov/disaster.
- Helpful contacts:
State of Iowa:
- Gov. Reynolds encourages Iowans to step up, stop the spread (11.19.2020)
- Gov. Reynolds signs new proclamation modifying public health measures (11.18.2020)
- Summary of Enhanced Public Health Measures Effective Tuesday, Nov. 17 at 12:01 a.m. until Thursday, Dec. 10 at 11:59 p.m.
- Gov. Reynolds signs new proclamation continuing State Public Health Emergency Declaration (11.16.2020)
- COVID-19 Response: When to Quarantine For Business, Education, and Child Care Settings (9.29.2020)
- Governor Reynolds’ Open Letter to Iowans on COVID19. Watch here. (8.7.2020)
- Test Iowa site
- Iowa COVID-19 website
- Iowa Department of Public Health website
- Ben Davis, CEO of Osceola Regional Health Center, shares updates regarding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in Osceola County (11.11.2020)
- Talking with Children about COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) (8.5.2020)
- Avera New Normal Business Toolkit (7.8.2020)
- Osceola County (IA) Mental Health Coalition statement
- Avera COVID-19 Workplace Guidelines
School District Updates:
- Sibley-Ocheyedan School District COVID-19 Information
- Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn School District updates
- Harris-Lake Park School District Updates
- Sheldon Community School District Updates
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program: https://www.iowaworkforcedevelopment.gov/pua-information
- Lost Wages Assistance program - Claimants must be eligible to receive at least $100 in unemployment benefits per week, and the individual must self-certify that s/he is unemployed or partially unemployed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. https://www.iowaworkforcedevelopment.gov/lost-wages-assistance
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Unemployment Insurance Benefits for Employers (6.16.2020)
- PTO and Unemployment Benefits Talking Points
- Unemployment insurance customer service line: 1-866-239-0843.
- Covid 19 for workers
More Business Resources:
- COVID-19 FAQ for Restaurants, Bars and other food businesses (updated 11.11.2020)
- FAQs about COVID-Related Employment Law Compliance (7.21.2020)
- The Iowa Economic Development Authority published guidance for businesses during the pandemic. Click here for signage, checklists and additional guidance.
- It's important to adhere to safety measures in order to limit the spread of COVID-19. OSHA has prepared safety guidelines for many industries here.
- Iowa's SBDC has produced resources with printable posters and checklists that businesses can use during the pandemic. Visit www.iowasbdc.org/back2biz.
- COVID-19 Customizable Flyer (US Chamber of Commerce)
- Business Capacity Calculations (Iowa Dept of Public Safety)
- Retail Ready to Reopen COVID19 Resources
- Small Biz Best Practices (from ISU Iowa Retail Initiative)
- Resources for Restaurants
- CDC Resources for Businesses and Employers
Resources for non-profits:
- Resources for Nonprofit Organizations from the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines
- Nonprofits and Coronavirus, COVID-19
- USDA Implements Immediate Measures to Help Rural Residents, Businesses and Communities Affected by COVID-19 (9.2.2020)
- USDA to Provide $1 Billion in Loan Guarantees for Rural Businesses and Ag Producers
- USDA Coronavirus Food Assistance Program - USDA’s Farm Service Agency will accept CFAP 2 applications from until December 11, 2020.
- USDA's COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide
- Free Counseling available to ALL Iowans through new COVID Recovery Iowa program.
- Iowa renter/homeowner assistance program is accepting applications. Visit here or click here for the program overview (5.29.2020)
- A 24/7 hotline has been set up for Iowans to call with COVID-19 related questions. Call 211 or 1-800-244-7431. The Iowa Concern Hotline is also available on 800-447-1985.
- Iowa Resource Coordination Center to help farmers through the pandemic
- Alliant Energy Energy Assistance
- COVID-19 Multi-Lingual Hotline: Interpreters in high-demand languages are available from 8:30am-5pm with a 24-hour voicemail at 1-877-558-2609.
- Iowa Legal Aid: 2020 Coronavirus Outbreak: What you need to know
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
- Child Care Guidance in Response to COVID-19 from Iowa Child Care Resource & Referral. For questions call (877) 216-8481.
- Funding Opportunities Available to Childcare Programs
- DHS Child Care Availability