Osceola County zoning is managed by the County Engineer’s office.  The County Engineer’s office will assist property owners with conditional use permits/special exceptions, variances,  and the rezoning process of property in the unincorporated county.  A county board of adjustment and/or planning commission determine these actions.


The County Engineer’s office also issues zoning compliance certificates.  While many construction projects fall under a state law for agricultural exemptions from zoning, projects in the FEMA regulated floodplain must still secure floodplain use permits.


Please contact the County Engineer’s office at 712-754-2303 to ensure your next construction project is compliant with all regulations.