A range of local, state and federal grant programs are available throughout the year. A few websites offer info, including Iowa Grants.gov, GrantFinder, and www.grants.gov. You could also check out the Iowa Grants Guide, a database of nearly 700 funders in Iowa or with an Iowa connection.
- Community Foundation of Osceola County (Up to $5000 with no match requirement. Application usually October-November each year with grants awarded in late January).
- Lyon County Riverboat Foundation - Mini Grants are available to non-profit organizations who would like to do a special project in the geographical areas surrounding the Grand Falls Casino and Golf Resort. Out of County and out of State applicants are potential eligible recipients.
- POET Never Satisfied Grant - Deadline was April 16, 2021.
- Future Ready Iowa Summer Youth Intern Pilot Program Grant
- Iowa Tourism Grants (Awards range from $2,500 to $5,000 and require a 25 percent cash match. Application period is October-November each year)
- Trees Forever has several funding opportunities available to communities throughout Iowa. Visit their website for more information and to apply.
- Prairie Meadows grant (Community Betterment Grant Program fund small-to-medium sized projects with grants ranging from $100 to $99,999)
- Paint Iowa Beautiful - Deadline was February 15, 2021
- Iowa Economic Development Authority Community Grants
- Iowa Economic Development Authority Business Grants
- Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs Grants (Art Project Grant, Arts Build Communities Grant, Capacity Building Grant, Historical Resource Development Program and more)
- State Historical Society of Iowa Grants
- Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF)
- Iowa Agriculture Literacy Foundation Grants
- Iowa DNR Grants:
- Iowa DOT grants
- Iowa Living Roadway Trust Fund
- Iowa Barn Foundation
- BLN Community Grant Program
- Templeton Rye Entrepreneur's grant - For those who are motivated to do something great, the fuel comes from within. Templeton Distillery wants to help ignite the spark of three small businesses by awarding them each a $10,000 entrepreneur’s grant to help their flame grow brighter than ever. Entries will be accepted through July 11, 2021.
- Build with Bags program
- Walmart Local Community Grants - The 2021 grant cycle begins Feb. 1, 2021 and the application deadline is Dec. 31, 2021.
- Costco - accepts and reviews funding requests throughout the year on a rolling basis, and organizations are eligible to submit one application per fiscal year (Sep-Aug).
- FedEx Small Business Grant Contest - The 2021 FedEx Small Business Grant Contest closed on March 9, 2021.
- 2021 AARP Community Challenge - The application period for the 2021 AARP Community Challenge is now open! The AARP Community Challenge provides small grants to fund quick-action projects that can help communities become more livable for people of all ages. Applications are accepted for projects to improve public spaces, housing, transportation, civic engagement, coronavirus recovery, diversity and inclusion, and more. Applications closed on April 14, 2021.
- Lewis Drug
- Pizza Hut
- Dollar General
- Pizza Ranch
- US Bank
- Alliant Energy
- Giving for Good sponsorship program: Alliant is merging its Corporate Sponsorships and Community Grants into a new, single program: Giving for Good and will no longer have spring and fall grant cycle deadlines. The application will be open year-round and reviewed monthly.
- New! Impact Grants: Alliant is taking a more intentional approach to its charity and community support through a new Impact Grants program. These larger grants will support high-impact projects that align with our company strategy. If you are interested in exploring an Impact Grant, please complete the pre-application form and Alliant staff will follow up u to discuss next steps.
- State Farm
- Grinnell Mutual
- John Deere