A range of local, state and federal grant programs are available throughout the year. A few websites offer info, including Iowa Grants.gov, GrantFinder, and www.grants.gov. You could also check out the Iowa Grants Guide, a database of nearly 700 funders in Iowa or with an Iowa connection.
- Community Foundation of Osceola County The 2022-2023 grant cycle dates will be announced soon.
- Lyon County Riverboat Foundation - Mini Grants are available to non-profit organizations who would like to do a special project in the geographical areas surrounding the Grand Falls Casino and Golf Resort. Out of County and out of State applicants are potential eligible recipients.
- POET Never Satisfied Grant - Deadline was April 22, 2022
- Future Ready Iowa Summer Youth Intern Pilot Program Grant
- Iowa Tourism Grants (Awards range from $2,500 to $5,000 and require a 25 percent cash match. Application period is October-November each year)
- Trees Forever has several funding opportunities available to communities throughout Iowa. Visit their website for more information and to apply.
- Prairie Meadows grant (Community Betterment Grant Program fund small-to-medium sized projects with grants ranging from $100 to $99,999)
- Paint Iowa Beautiful - Deadline was February 14, 2022. The next grant cycle will be available in the fall of 2022.
- Iowa Economic Development Authority Grants
- Iowa Economic Development Authority Business Grants
- Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs Grants (Art Project Grant, Arts Build Communities Grant, Capacity Building Grant, Historical Resource Development Program and more)
- State Historical Society of Iowa Grants
- Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF)
- Iowa Agriculture Literacy Foundation Grants
- Iowa DNR Grants:
- Derelict Building Grant Program The Program’s main focus is landfill diversion through the recycling and reuse of building materials and the elimination of hazards both inside and out posed by these empty structures. Applicable costs include asbestos inspections, asbestos abatement, structural engineering analysis, phase I and phase II site assessments, building deconstruction and building renovation expenses. To learn more, click Derelict Building Program (iowadnr.gov)
- REAP Grants - Resource Enhancement and Protection (REAP) is a State of Iowa program that invests in, as its name implies, the enhancement and protection of the state's natural and cultural resources. Iowa is blessed with a diverse array of natural and cultural resources, and REAP is likewise diverse and far reaching. REAP provides money for projects in the form of grants.
- Solid Waste Alternatives Program
- Iowa DOT grants
- Iowa Living Roadway Trust Fund
- Iowa Barn Foundation
- BLN Community Grant Program
- The U.S. Bank Foundation Cleantech Inclusion Award is a grant awarded to entrepreneurs who are female and/or people of color and who are building innovative companies that benefit the environment, create jobs, and drive economic development. Recipients of the Cleantech Inclusion Award receive a non-recourse grant of $25,000, 12-months of business mentorship from U.S. Bank Foundation and Evergreen Climate Innovations, and heightened exposure to both investors and potential customers.
- T-Mobile's Hometown Grant - Calling all small towns with populations fewer than 50,000! The next round of the T-Mobile Hometown Grant program will open on Friday, July 1, 2022. Brought to you in partnership with Main Street America and Smart Growth America, the T-Mobile Hometown Grant program provides grants of up to $50,000 to help build stronger, more prosperous small towns and rural communities!
Since the program’s start, T-Mobile has given more than $4.4 million dollars to kick start 100 community development projects across 36 states, including the latest grant winning recipients. Read more and apply here: https://t-mo.co/3nfAVSR
- Templeton Rye Entrepreneur's grant - For those who are motivated to do something great, the fuel comes from within. Templeton Distillery wants to help ignite the spark of three small businesses by awarding them each a $10,000 entrepreneur’s grant to help their flame grow brighter than ever.
- Build with Bags program
- Walmart Local Community Grants - The 2022 grant cycle begins Feb. 1, 2022 and the application deadline is Dec. 31, 2022.
- Costco - accepts and reviews funding requests throughout the year on a rolling basis, and organizations are eligible to submit one application per fiscal year (Sep-Aug).
- FedEx Small Business Grant Contest - The 2022 FedEx Small Business Grant Contest deadline has passed.
- 2022 AARP Community Challenge - The AARP Community Challenge provides small grants to fund quick-action projects that can help communities become more livable for people of all ages. Applications are accepted for projects to improve public spaces, housing, transportation, civic engagement, coronavirus recovery, diversity and inclusion, and more.
- Lewis Drug
- Pizza Hut
- Dollar General
- Pizza Ranch
- US Bank
- Alliant Energy
- Giving for Good sponsorship program: Alliant is merging its Corporate Sponsorships and Community Grants into a new, single program: Giving for Good and will no longer have spring and fall grant cycle deadlines. The application will be open year-round and reviewed monthly.
- New! Impact Grants: Alliant is taking a more intentional approach to its charity and community support through a new Impact Grants program. These larger grants will support high-impact projects that align with our company strategy. If you are interested in exploring an Impact Grant, please complete the pre-application form and Alliant staff will follow up to discuss next steps.
- State Farm
- Grinnell Mutual
- John Deere